For some reasons, your hair may not be growing as fast as you would like it to. Maybe you’ve noticed your hair starting to thin, or maybe you just want a thicker head of hair. Here are some easy tips on diet you can try to help enhance your hair growth.
1. Eat more fish. Specifically, salmon, sardines, and mackerel are full of omega-3 fatty acids. These ingredients help stimulate hair growth and keep it looking full and healthy.
2. Get plenty of protein. Since hair is made of protein, having this in your diet will promote good growth. Some good sources of protein are eggs, chicken, beef, and pork.
For vegetarians and vegans, there are also plenty of protein-filled options. Try quinoa, nuts, chickpeas, tofu, and beans.
3. Add cinnamon to your diet. Cinnamon helps promote good circulation. With good blood flow to your scalp, your hair follicles will get the oxygen and nutrients they need to keep producing hair.
4. Eat enough iron. Iron is a key ingredient in hair growth. Iron deficiencies often lead to hair loss, so you’ll want to make sure there is plenty of it in your diet. Some good sources of iron are fortified cereals, grains, and beef.
5. Include Greek yogurt in your diet. Not only does it have protein, but it also has vitamin B5. This helps increase blood flow, which is important for a healthy scalp and hair growth.
6. Drink vegetable juices. This is a great way to get essential vitamins, iron, calcium, and many other nutrients that will aid hair growth. Some particularly good ingredients to include are beetroots, carrots, cucumbers, and alfalfa.